Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Chigger Happy

That's right folks, the bug bites are, drum roll please..... Chiggers! Oh Joy, oh rapture. They have somehow managed to all get bigger over the last couple of days and I don't see an end in sight. I counted my right leg bites and they come in at an official 15. 15 annoying, itchy, achy, waking me up in the middle of the night bug bites. See, this is another reason why I live in the city. On the bright side, if you look at the bites from the correct angle, they somewhat resemble the Big Dipper :P

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, chiggers are.....lots of fun. On the bright side (see how easily I find the bright side when I am not the one plagued), it's not that bad an attack if you can count the bites.

Jen said...

When we were in jr. high someone told us to put nailpolish to counter-attack the bites. I don't know if it works, but it could at least provide some entertainment. :)

Liz said...

The guy from Man vs. Wild was talking about chiggers last night! If you ever need to make a bed in the forest, don't pad it with that prickly-looking moss because it's filled w/ chiggers. Not that it helps you now, but good to know for future reference. :P

Laurie said...

The nail polish thing is true. Put a coat of polish over the spot and let it dry. The chigger is actually buried underneath your skin, causing irritation and itching. The polish cuts off the air supply, causing the chigger to die. I used to live in East Texas, in case anyone is wondering why I know these things.

Abby said...

Dad- yeah, but it is bad when there is less flesh colored areas on your leg than chiggerized red areas.

Jen- Yeah,someone told me that last night and I did it.... it burned like the dickens.... I'm still waiting for the itching to stop :P

Liz- Stupid Moss!! I think they were in my bed though cause that was the only place I wore shorts.

Laurie- Nail polish has worked on some of the bites but others not yet... I'm considering other, non-chigger options