Thursday, June 28, 2007

Burned

Nate and I signed up a couple of months ago to go on a mission trip to New York with HFBC in September of this year. Every month the team gets together and talks about the trip and what we'll be doing, what to expect, etc. Well, the first meeting we went to we got an email about and it said that light snacks would be provided. We didn't know what constituted "light snacks" so we ate dinner anyway. We showed up and they were serving New York style pizza. Oh well. The next time it said "light snacks" again. Well, we weren't sure what that would mean this time so we ate again before hand and they had large soft pretzels with all the trimmings. This cycle continued about two more months before we were sure they would provide something suitable for dinner each time.

So yesterday I didn't make anything to eat and Nate and I headed over to the church at 6 pm with our tummies rumbling. We entered the Connection Center and I turned excitedly to see what I'd be eating and...... wait, is that pizza? I can't tell because of how many olives there are on it. Ummm, yeah definitely pizza. Two different ones with different toppings but the gist of it was that they both had a copious amount of olives burrowed under the cheese that you would have to pick at for half an hour to remove. Hmmm, I don't like olives... this puts me in a pickle. I ended up having to wait until I got home to eat... it wasn't too bad, but it figures that the week I finally let go of making dinner myself would be Olive Week. Anyhoo, Nate and I decided afterwards that when you are ordering for 15 different people, there should be at least one pizza that only has meat or only has cheese.... I don't want to know how many olives had to die for our pizza last night :P

No comments: